Marisa Knuffke, Permit Clerk - Email - 210.493.3478
NOTICE: A new Residential Building Permit Application has been issued. This version will be the only form accepted after April 1, 2018.
The Permit Clerk strives to provide excellent customer service to the residents of Shavano Park and is responsible for providing the following:
- IMPLEMENTATION of all Building Codes and City Ordinances during the construction, alteration and improvement of the built environment to secure the beneficial interests of public life, health, and welfare.
- ASSURANCE that all construction is performed by licensed and/or registered contractors.
- TIMELY response to the questions, issues and concerns of the residents of the City of Shavano Park on matters related to the above functions of the Permit Office.
PERMITS & INSPECTIONS
Inspections are conducted between the hours of 8:00 am – 11:00 am, Monday – Friday.
Failure to obtain a permit prior to the commencement of work will result in a double permit fee.
The Permit Clerk will process all building permits and schedule all inspections required for construction within the city limits. Residential and Commercial Building permits are reviewed by BB Inspection Services, LLC, which is under contract with the City of Shavano Park. For questions regarding inspections, or to schedule an inspection please call 210.493.3478
Inspections are conducted to ensure that a project is in compliance with City ordinances and state regulations. The Inspection costs are included in the permit fee.
COMPLETION OF INSPECTION
At the completion of each inspection, the Inspector will leave an approval/disapproval form at the job site. The status of your inspection will be indicated on the form. If your inspection requires a correction, that item must be corrected and re inspected again for compliance before the project can proceed. If an inspection has failed, a $50.00 re inspection fee will be due. The re inspection fee must be paid prior to rescheduling the re inspection.
City of Shavano Park is partnered with Civil Systems to provide automated registration and verification services for contractors. All contractors applying for a permit from the City of Shavano Park will be required to register with Civil Systems. The annual contractor registration fee will be $50. No City registration fee will be assessed to licensed Plumbing, Electrician or Septic contractors per state law. To complete an online registration, please click register to create a new account or login, if your account is already created.
1. Log Into Your Account
2. Click Help? located on the top menu bar.
3. Search keyword, "start"
4. Click on the "How do I complete a registration?" to view details and video.
5. Other suggested keyword searches include: driver license, image, business insurance, trade license, business contact, and password
6. You may call Civil Systems for further help at 1-877-552-4845.
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO UPLOAD COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS.
1. DRIVER’S LICENSE (FRONT & BACK).
2. TRADE LICENSE(S) (FRONT & BACK).
3. CERTIFICATE OF LIABILITY INSURANCE ($1,000,000.00) NOTE: Certificate Holder must be listed as City of Shavano Park 900 Saddletree Court, Shavano Park TX 78231
The following is a list of required city inspections.
|COMMERCIAL BUILDING PERMIT||RESIDENTIAL BUILDING PERMIT|
|City Sidewalk||City Sidewalk|
|Retention Pond Final||Building Final|
|PLUMBING PERMIT||ELECTRICAL PERMIT|
|Rough-In||Temporary Meter Loop|
|Partial Rough/In (Commercial)||Electric Rough-In|
|Top Out||Bond to Steel (Swimming Pool)|
|Water & Sewer||Above Ceiling (Commercial)|
|Gas Test||Partial Rough-In (Commercial)|
|Gas Final||Electric TOPS|
|Plumbing Final||Electric Final|
|MECHANICAL PERMIT/HVAC||GAS PERMIT|
|Above Ceiling (Commercial)||Gas Rough-In|
|Partial Rough-In (Commercial)||Gas Final|
|HVAC Final||IRRIGATION PERMIT|
|Backflow Preventer Install|
|FIRE SPRINKLER & ALARM PERMITS||T&M Report (left at job-site)|