Zina Tedford has served as the Shavano Park City Secretary since April 2013.
Zina began her public service career with the City of Kirby in 1986 as a water billing clerk, promoted to the position of City Secretary in 1988, and officially appointed City Manager in 2001. After 11 years as City Manager, Zina retired and was recruited as Interim City Clerk for the City of La Marque which later became a permanent position.
Zina attended San Antonio College studying Public Administration and received her BA in Criminal Justice with an emphasis in law enforcement from the University of Texas San Antonio. Her certifications include: Certified Public Manager (CPM) and past Texas Municipal Clerks' certification and re certification. She is a member of the Texas Municipal Clerks Association (TMCA , Texas City Manager Association (TCMA) and serves on the TCMA Ethics Committee.
The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law and City Ordinance. The City Secretary is hired by the City Manager. The City Secretary provides administrative support to the City Council and City Manager. In addition, the City Secretary also serves as the City’s Records Management Officer for the preservation of official records.
- Publication of meeting agendas and notices
- Preparation of minutes for all regular and special City Council and Boards/Commission Meetings
- Maintain the Code of Ordinances
- Preparation of proclamations
- Coordination and administration of all municipal elections
- Coordination of City’s special events
- Maintains the corporate seal of the city
- Provides customer services to citizens and visitors to City Hall Services